· 1 cup brown rice (short, medium or long grain brown rice will work, as long as it’s not a quick-cooking variety)
· 6 cups water
· Salt, soy sauce or other desired seasonings, to taste
• Bring a large pot of water to boil in a rice cooker, using at least 6 cups water per 1 cup rice. Rinse the rice in a fine mesh colander under running water to remove excess starch.
• Add the rice to the boiling water. Reduce the temperature as necessary to prevent overflow, but maintain a steady boil. Boil, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
• Drain off the remaining cooking water and return the rice to the rice cooker. Cover the cooker and let the rice rest, off the heat, for 10 minutes. Fluff, season as desired, and serve.